Sunday, August 16, 2009

On Academics and Work Ethic





Alex: "This school taught me to have a work ethic."

Alex: "I want to learn more than what is on the SOL (Standard of Learning) test…You learn more than what is required here [at the Farm School]."
Bronte: "I shadowed recently at a private school in Hagerstown, Maryland. I went to Geometry, Spanish, and Biology. The things they were learning I pretty much already knew."

Alex: "I learned the true meaning of education...This school taught me the value of an education…Even when things are hard, you just have to get over it. Things aren't going to be handed to you – you need to work hard…This school taught me to appreciate what educators do for us…This school brought out the joys of childhood and learning. You actually like to go to school…It is everything that is good for you and what you like all mixed into one."

Comments made by Farm School Alumni

No comments:

Post a Comment