Monday, February 21, 2011

Farm School Always a Home to Alumni

Some schools in our area were closed for President's Day.  Students could have stayed home.  But not our alumni - they came to spend the day with us at the Farm School! It was wonderful to see four of our alumni (current High School Sophomores and Juniors) joyfully jump right back into the routines of the day (and give us a challenge on the soccer field!).

Mountain Laurel Montessori Farm School alumni visit during the Winter Coffeehouse
Five Mountain Laurel Montessori Farm School alumni also spoke to a full house at our parent night last week.  Here is a sampling of their reflections on their Montessori experience:

Clayton (high school Junior): "The best thing I learned at the Farm School was the ability to learn and to make sure you really know the material.  You can ask your teachers anything and no one will make fun of you."

Rory (high school Junior): "Getting to interact with people, to be really good friends. That was one of the best things about Mountain Laurel."

Jimi (college Freshman): "The best thing about the Farm School is the relationships you build with your teachers.  There is no reason to be scared about telling them your weaknesses.  You just go ahead and get help."

Phillip (high school Junior): "The maturity and responsibility you get at the end of the Farm School were the best parts for me.  My teachers now see that I am someone who can be trusted with responsibility, so they give me more freedom."

Ursula (high school Sophomore): "I found out who I really was.  That helped my develop confidence in myself.  I learned to accept who I was and that has helped me."

No comments:

Post a Comment